Kimball Golf Club will be open for play during all of October.
The final full day of play will be Saturday, Oct. 31. The golf course will remain in excellent condition. The grounds crew works daily to blow the leaves from the fairways and greens.
This year the greens will not be aerated during October. Aeration is the process by which small holes are put into the greens to allow air to nurture the soil beneath the green.
Tee times are available for public play by calling KGC at (320) 398-2285 or online at –KimballGolfClub.com.
The Professional Golfers Association (PGA) reminds us why October is a great time to enjoy the game of golf
• Fall is an amazingly beautiful time of the year.
• The air gets a bit crisp, the colors become a true vision of wonder and joy.
• The golf courses are in pristine shape – and they are not crowded!
• It’s time just to get out and play the game, full force, as often as you can before winter sets in.
• Make dates to play 18 or even 9 holes with the family, friends, people from work, or the club. Grab the joy while you can. Go find (or acquire) a few fall outfits, sweaters, and maybe even a hand warmer.
• Find a bit of time each week to take that joyous walk around the green grass and swing away. You will hit a few good ones, maybe a few poor ones too.
• The important thing is how playing golf makes you feel. You will be glad you invested the time.
• If you have the chance to take the kids, grandkids, or friends for 9, do that as often as you can. Talk about having fun with no regrets. Discover the joy on their faces and the laughter that abounds.
• Now that is a round of golf.
• Allow yourself time during the fall season to swing away.
• Go out and play the game!
Golf … The Game for Life … at Kimball Golf Club