A 2019 study by the Minnesota Golf Association revealed that the popularity of golf results in important contributions to small-town economies all across the state.
“While the study points out how broadly golf impacts Minnesota’s economy, it also highlights the importance that every golf course plays in its local community,” said Tom Ryan, MGA executive director and chief operating officer.
The degree to which a golf course impacts the local economy is directly related to the perceived quality of play at each course. This is where Kimball Golf Club excels.
The best judge of the quality of play and customer service can be found in the reviews posted at Golfnow.com where KGC continues to receive high marks from those who play the course, especially for the first time.
These are a sample of the latest KGC reviews:
• August 1 – Enjoyable course to play. Always have a great time playing this course. Glad to see the course doing well. Staff is always friendly.
• July 19 – Recommend. Like always, the course is in great shape. Staff is very friendly as well. Always look forward to playing Kimball. Value for the money.Excellent.
• July 4 – Once again we had a great time golfing. Staff are very friendly and outgoing. Always able to get out early morning. Course is well kept up. Greens roll true. If it was closer, would play more.
• July 3 – My son and I had the opportunity to play this course for the first time. It was an hour drive from our house, but it was worth it. The course had a nice layout, and playing from the blue tees proved to be challenging. The greens were small and quick which added to the difficulty. There were numerous blind shots to the green and off the tee, so you needed to know where the group in front of you was. You had to drive up 50 yards to get a sight line to make sure the greens had been vacated. I found an early morning hot deal on Golfnow.com which made it even better. I wish this course was closer to our place, if it were, I would consider a membership there. I will definitely play it again.
• May 19 – The challenge is worth the drive! This was my second trip to the course in the last two weeks, and I invited a friend to join my son and I for a round. Every year, we try to play on at least one course we’ve never played before – and how we had never heard of this one before through friends is beyond me. I like the challenges it brings and when it forces you to make a good shot to avoid trouble. Overall, this course has given me a new place to want to play more often, and the staff has been a pleasure to deal with. Thank you!
The annual KGC Member Club Championship will be played at 8 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12. Any member may register to play by contacting the clubhouse.
Golf … The Game for Life … at Kimball Golf Club